Shah Rukh Khan prompted Lalit Modi`s niece Jayati to take up acting
Mumbai: Former IPL Chairman Lalit Modi`s young niece Jayati, who is making her acting debut with Karan Johar`s `Gippi`, says she took up acting because of superstar Shah Rukh Khan.
The 17-year-old will be seen in Johar`s upcoming home production, directed by Sonam Nair.
"Whenever I am upset I prefer watching Shah Rukh`s movie. I think his onscreen presence is so powerful that it has the ability to make you smile. Seeing him on screen is the major reason that why I wanted to be on screen. Another dream of mine is that if I do another movie after this, I would want to work with him," Jayati said in an interview here.
It was through her friends in Delhi that Jayati learnt about the film and decided to try her luck.
"Through word of mouth I got to know about the auditions for this film. Initially, I did not go for auditions as I was unwell but finally managed to go for it. I completely freaked out during the auditions," she said.
Though Jayati has done theatre and drama, she was nervous while giving auditions.
"I was so nervous. It was our director Sonam Nair and casting director Faraz who coaxed me to just do it. I had a scene where I had to give a head girl`s speech, it went on well but I didn`t know whether I would be called back," she said.
The newbie was not sure if she would make it, but she was surprised, when she was chosen for the film. It was like a dream come true for Jayati.
"I was really very excited. I have been always been interested in acting from the very young age. It is a dream to be in movies. But I never thought I will actually get to do a movie... It is like a dream come true," she said.
The film stars Riya Vij as the titular character Gippi and releases on May 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'The Spectacular Jihad...' inspired by 9/11 attacks
- Jackie Chan opens acting school in China
- I’ve fallen in love with acting, says Lauren Gottlieb
- Pulkit Samrat 'can't wait' to watch 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- History lessons for 'Gour Hari Dastaan' cast
- Shakti Kapoor to play crazy professor in upcoming film
- Playing Kashibai emotionally draining for Priyanka Chopra
- Shraddha Kapoor visits 'Baaghi' set ahead of shoot
- Expert detoxification guide for brides-to-be
- Salman Khan thanks Aamir, Shah Rukh for 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' poster release
- 'Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya blaze'
- Chrissy Teigen wants to adopt children
- Jason Statham likes to 'get drunk'
- Nicole Scherzinger adjusting to singledom
- Kanye West almost killed while hiking
- No point in fighting ageing, says George Clooney
- Khloe Kardashian draws criticism for wearing niqab
- I was wrong to start fight with Tyson Beckford: Chris Brown
- Lindsay Lohan may complete community service on time
- Jennifer Lopez debuts short hair
- Taylor Swift says being a pop star is not that hard
- Keira Knightley welcomes 1st child with hubby James Righton
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27