Shakira sued for 63mn pounds by former beau
Los Angeles: Singer Shakira has been sued by ex-boyfriend Antonio de la Rua for 63 million pounds for not sharing their business profit with him.
Papers filed by the accuser claim the singer asked him to take over the business behind the Shakira brand. He subsequently secured her a lucrative deal with tour promoter Live Nation, worth around 188 million pounds, reports thesun.co.uk.
According to Rua, who ended his decade-long relation with the singer in 2010, Shakira went back on her promise and did not share the profit they earned.
Rua has filed the complaint in Manhattan court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deols should promote their films well, SRK told Dharmendra
- Spielberg's fan letter made Dwayne Johnson 'grin like a kid'
- 'Simpsons' creator Matt Groening sued by nanny for 'discrimination'
- Iggy Azalea slams media for trying to create 'beef' between her, Britney Spears
- 'Minions' filmmakers Chris Renaud wants to cast Chris Pratt as next 'villain'