Shami in Most Influential list
London: Indian-origin activist Shami Chakrabarti has grabbed a top spot on the list of Britain`s Most Influential Women, just behind Queen Elizabeth II.
The list was topped by `Harry Potter` author J K Rowling and the ruling monarch was pushed to the third spot by former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham who grabbed the second
Chakrabarti, 41 is the director of Liberty, a British pressure group championing human rights and was placed fourth on the list compiled by the National Magazine Company, whose publications include Cosmopolitan and Good Housekeeping, reported a website.
The pixy-haired Chakrabarti, who was born to Bengali parents living in London, was labelled "the most dangerous woman in Britain" by tabloids for her outspoken criticism of the Labour government`s response to crime and terrorism.
Meanwhile Rowling, who began writing the Hogwarts tale of young wizard Harry Potter as an unemployed single mother, grabbed the top spot.
`Girls Aloud` singer Cheryl Cole was fifth, while supermodel Kate Moss also made the top 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan hits a 24 million follower mark on Twitter!
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Sanjay Dutt keen on changing 'Bhoomi' release date?
- Priyanka Chopra's picture with THIS Spanish model is UNMISSABLE!