Sharon locked me up so I`d quit drugs: Kelly Osbourne
Los Angeles: Sharon Osbourne once confined her daughter singer Kelly Osbourne to a padded cell in the hopes of curing her drug addition.
The 28-year-old star is grateful for Sharon`s determination to help her get clean as an unruly teenager, reported Aceshowbiz.
"I`ve been to rehab seven times and to two mental institutions. My mum even had me put in a padded cell once to scare me, but like a brat I just sat it out until she said, `Well, that`s not going to work`," Kelly said.
The `Fashion Police` star admitted she tried to clean up her act aged 18 when Sharon was diagnosed with cancer, and put her career on hold and look after her mother.
"When I was 18, I was set to play Lindsay Lohan`s best friend in `Freaky Friday`. Then my mum got diagnosed with cancer. I was faced with the choice of a career or spending what could have been the last days of my mother`s life with her. I became my mum`s nurse 24/7. I thought I was going to lose her - it was awful," she said.
However, it took a few more years before the style-savvy star, who is engaged to chef Matthew Mosshart - stopped dabbling in drugs.
"I was never one of those people who was like, `Let`s party; let`s go and do loads of coke`. In fact, I would never even tell anyone I had drugs because I wanted them all to myself. I was quite selfish."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhuri Dixit turns singer on reality show
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale