Shia LaBeouf`s legal battle with uncle
Los Angeles: Actor Shia Labeouf has got embroiled in a legal battle with his uncle Barry Saide, accusing him of not repaying his $800,000.
His uncle had borrowed the money from him. Shea and his mother Shayna Saide filed a lawsuit against Barry earlier this year, claiming that he had failed to pay back any of the cash that his movie star nephew had loaned him.
However, Barry answered the lawsuit by filing one of his own suit at Manhattan Supreme Court in New York City by saying that Shia and Shayna are just trying to bankrupt him, even though he supported the mother-son duo in times of need, reports contactmusic.com.
"Had I thought that Shayne and Shia would take this extraordinary step and seek to impoverish me, I never would have borrowed a dollar from Shia...
"Prior to Shia`s ascendancy to film stardom. (I loaned) hundreds of thousands of dollars to assist in the support of Shayne and Shia," said an affidavit from Barry.
In the suit filed by Shia, Barry agreed to pay the cash back in 15 instalments, beginning in January 2011, and ending in April 2012. He is seeking for the loan to be paid back in full, along with $39,999 in interest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awwdorable: Kushal Tandon, Gauahar Khan's Twitter conversation is too cute to miss
- Arjun Bijlani's 'Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil' shoot stalled by Shah Rukh Khan fans
- Looking forward to bring 'Battle for Bittora' on screen, says Sonam Kapoor
- Deepika Padukone's 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' to have India premiere ahead of its release
- Amitabh Bachchan spills the beans on Ram Gopal Varma's 'Sarkar 3' shoot