Shoojit Sircar honoured in hometown
Kolkata: Filmmaker Shoojit Sircar was honoured at the Sera Bangali 2014 event here with the best director award.
Sircar, who has directed films like `Vicky Donor` and `Madras Cafe`, was presented the award here July 27.
Soon after the ceremony, his Twitter page was flooded with wishes. Actors like Ayushmann Khurrana and Rannvijay Singha also congratulated him.
"Sir! @ShoojitSircar congratulations for Sera Bangali 2014!" Rannvijay tweeted.
Ayushmann also praised the talented director.
"@ShoojitSircar dada your talent, humility & ingenuity are the biggest awards from the almighty," he tweeted.
Organised by a Bengal’s news channel, Sera Bangali is an effort to honour eminent Bengali personalities whose achievements have brought Bengal to the global arena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri
- Jason Statham sells Hollywood home for $9.2 million
- Angelina Jolie wants son to take over charity
- 'Godmother' Taylor Swift meets Jaime King's newborn
- 'Narcissist Bill Cosby didn't realise I was gay,' slams original accuser
- Cara Delevigne, Piers Morgan slam dentist for killing famous South African lion