Shoojit Sircar honoured in hometown
Kolkata: Filmmaker Shoojit Sircar was honoured at the Sera Bangali 2014 event here with the best director award.
Sircar, who has directed films like `Vicky Donor` and `Madras Cafe`, was presented the award here July 27.
Soon after the ceremony, his Twitter page was flooded with wishes. Actors like Ayushmann Khurrana and Rannvijay Singha also congratulated him.
"Sir! @ShoojitSircar congratulations for Sera Bangali 2014!" Rannvijay tweeted.
Ayushmann also praised the talented director.
"@ShoojitSircar dada your talent, humility & ingenuity are the biggest awards from the almighty," he tweeted.
Organised by a Bengal’s news channel, Sera Bangali is an effort to honour eminent Bengali personalities whose achievements have brought Bengal to the global arena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch how Saqib Saleem thanked fans for appreciating his role in 'Dishoom'!
- 'Game of Thrones' to end with eighth season
- Here's why Sunidhi Chauhan has started respecting actors a lot more now!
- 'Wolverine', Adnan Sami spend candid time together! Pics inside
- These blockbuster Sonu Nigam songs will definitely make your day!
- 'Plagiarism in Fashion needs serious attention'
- Do's & Donts while worshipping a Shivling—A must read!
- Hilarious: 'Monsoon Song' aptly showcases all the things you feel about monsoons! - Watch
- Just the thought of marriage can make you kick your wild ways
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful