Shoojit Sircar honoured in hometown
Kolkata: Filmmaker Shoojit Sircar was honoured at the Sera Bangali 2014 event here with the best director award.
Sircar, who has directed films like `Vicky Donor` and `Madras Cafe`, was presented the award here July 27.
Soon after the ceremony, his Twitter page was flooded with wishes. Actors like Ayushmann Khurrana and Rannvijay Singha also congratulated him.
"Sir! @ShoojitSircar congratulations for Sera Bangali 2014!" Rannvijay tweeted.
Ayushmann also praised the talented director.
"@ShoojitSircar dada your talent, humility & ingenuity are the biggest awards from the almighty," he tweeted.
Organised by a Bengal’s news channel, Sera Bangali is an effort to honour eminent Bengali personalities whose achievements have brought Bengal to the global arena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- The Crew movie review: Visually rich, entertaining
- Sunny Leone does a 'Laila' with Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan on 'Bigg Boss 10'! Pic proof