Shoojit Sircar honoured in hometown
Kolkata: Filmmaker Shoojit Sircar was honoured at the Sera Bangali 2014 event here with the best director award.
Sircar, who has directed films like `Vicky Donor` and `Madras Cafe`, was presented the award here July 27.
Soon after the ceremony, his Twitter page was flooded with wishes. Actors like Ayushmann Khurrana and Rannvijay Singha also congratulated him.
"Sir! @ShoojitSircar congratulations for Sera Bangali 2014!" Rannvijay tweeted.
Ayushmann also praised the talented director.
"@ShoojitSircar dada your talent, humility & ingenuity are the biggest awards from the almighty," he tweeted.
Organised by a Bengal’s news channel, Sera Bangali is an effort to honour eminent Bengali personalities whose achievements have brought Bengal to the global arena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bill Murray receives Mark Twain prize
- Rock On 2 TRAILER OUT! Shraddha Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar and team strike the right chord
- Rangoon diaries: Kangana Ranaut REVEALS about her experience of changing clothes behind rocks!
- Ajay Devgn's BIGGEST fear is losing loved ones
- Anoushka Shankar coming to India for six city tour