Singer Bob Geldof gatecrashed Indian wedding
London: Singer Bob Geldof says he went incognito as he crashed a couple`s wedding celebration in India and was stunned when a guest sang one of his compositions. The 60 year old, who was on a trip with his partner Jeanne Marine during 2010 Hay Festival held in Kerala, was so curious about a traditional marriage reception they overheard and decided to join in the festivities, reported a website.
"I was in India a couple of years ago, myself and the missus (partner), and we were wandering down a street in Chennai and next minute we heard this huge Indian wedding, this mega thing, so I said, `Let`s go in and have a look` and we went in and they brought us in and welcomed us and put us down beside the bride and groom, and they were doing karaoke (they) hadn`t a clue who we were!
"Next minute up comes I Don`t Like Mondays and this guy leaped on the table and did this South Indian version of I Don`t Like Mondays. That was fantastic."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out incredible worldwide box office collections of Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi'
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Birthday special: Seven times Jimmy Shergill’s on-screen characters defined life!
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Feeling blues? Here are TOP 6 ways to sustain your long distance relationship
- Wedding special: 8 Bollywood songs to make your sangeet rocking!
- Sedentary time may hamper academic skills in boys