Sip special tea made with edible gold
New Delhi: You wear gold bangles, necklaces and earrings, but how about drinking some gold? 51 Buckingham Gate, part of The Taj Group of Hotels, and Luxor Champagne, has introduced a 24 karat gold afternoon tea, which includes edible gold.
The special tea, launched in Britain, features half a bottle of sparkling wine Luxor pure gold 24 karat Brut Champagne, which includes flakes of 24 karat gold. The offering is targeted at London`s afternoon tea aficionados, according to a statement.
Inspired by Luxor, chef Vikas Milhoutra, has created a series of delights, also made with edible gold. The 24 Karat Gold Afternoon Tea includes a Gold Leaf Jelly, White Chocolate Delight with Gold Leaf and Strawberry Tart with Gold Flakes, and is accompanied by a selection of scones and delicate finger sandwiches.
The tea is available at an introductory price of 99 pounds for two, and a prior booking is required for it with a 24-hour notice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Young cancer survivors face higher risk of unemployment
- Oops! Watch what happens when father finds out about his daughter's big Bangkok lie
- It's OUT! Smiling spouse is your ticket to healthier, longer life
- These things must strictly be avoided during Pitru Paksha!
- All you men! Be the 'Wanderer', the 'Aviator', the 'Spunkster' with these hairstyles