Sir Elton John says Jesus would have supported gay marriage
London: Sir Elton John, who has planned to marry his civil partner David Furnish next year, has claimed that Jesus would have been a supporter of gay marriage.
The Brit singer said that the church hierarchy, the traditionalists, might be up in arms about it but times had changed, suggest reports.
The 67-year-old singer asserted that Jesus was all about love and compassion and forgiveness and he tried to bring people together and that was what the church should be about.
John said that rules that prevented gay clergy from marrying and requiring Catholic priests to be celibate were "old and stupid things".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Riteish Deshmukh tweets an important life lesson on Shivaji Jayanti!
- Ashish Kaul appointed CEO of Prakash Jha Productions
- Rajkummar Rao's presence in Hansal Mehta's life has been 'transformative'