Skyfall first Bond film to get PGA nomination
Los Angeles: Daniel Craig-starrer `Skyfall` has become the first James Bond film to be nominated for the top prize at the Producers Guild of America Awards.
The film is nominated alongside nine others - `Argo`, `Beasts of the Southern Wild`, `Django Unchained`, `Les Miserables`, `Life of Pi`, `Lincoln`, `Moonrise Kingdom`, `Silver Linings Playbook` and `Zero Dark Thirty`.
The PGA award is considering one of the leading indicators for the best picture Academy Award, LA Times reported.
The PGA winner has gone on to win best picture at Oscars 16 times in the last 23 years.
The last time the PGA and the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences didn`t agree was six years ago when the PGA chose `Little Miss Sunshine`, while the best picture Oscar went to Martin Scorsese`s `The Departed`.
Nominated for outstanding producer of the year in an animated motion picture are the producers of `Brave`, `Frankenweenie`, `ParaNorman`, `Rise of the Guardians` and `Wreck-It-Ralph`.
Vying for the David L Wolper Award for outstanding producer of long-form television are the producers behind `American Horror Story`, `The Dust Bowl`, `Game Change`, `Hatfields & McCoys`, and `Sherlock`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Comedy Nights Bachao Tazaa’ to be replaced by THIS comedian’s show?
- Zaira Wasim ‘apology’ post row: J&K government may provide security to ‘Dangal’ star
- Hrithik Roshan's latest 'Kaabil' dialogue promo has megastar Amitabh Bachchan's connect!
- Amitabh Bachchan is the greatest actor that we have in the country: Rishi Kapoor
- Totally Clooed! Karan Johar meets George Clooney; poses for a click!