Sofia Vergara hits back at 'sexist' criticism
Los Angeles: Actress Sofia Vergara has hit back at criticism following her "sexist" skit at the Emmy Awards, saying she was merely poking fun at herself.
The ‘Modern Family’ star was slammed for posing on a rotating platform while the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences president Bruce Rosenblum gave his annual speech at the ceremony at Nokia Theatre Monday night.
"I think it's absolutely the opposite. It means that somebody can be hot and also be funny and make fun of herself," contactmusic.com quoted her as saying.
Sofia slammed the "sexist" claims as "ridiculous" and pointed out she was aware who started the barrage of abuse, but did not name names.
"I think it's ridiculous that somebody started this - I know who she was - who has no sense of humour (and should) lighten up a little bit,” she said.
She wore a strapless white gown while she was posing on the rotating platform.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Diwali 2016 checklist: Colours that can add glamour to your outfits!
- A little lie may make you a big liar
- Goa gears up for 'Tripurari Purnima' festivities—Know why it is celebrated!
- Diwali 2016: Spiritual healing tips to bring in prosperity, protection and abundance
- Diwali 2016: Cash, coupons most sought after gifts, says ASSOCHAM study