‘Sound of Music’, ‘The Wizard of Oz’ costumes fetch $1.56m at auction
Melbourne: Costumes from the `Sound of Music` and the `The Wizard of Oz` have been sold for a whopping 1.56 million dollars in a Hollywood memorabilia auction.
According to Calabasas-based Profiles in History auction house, the auction also had Charlie Chaplin`s cane from his renowned flick `Good Times`, which was sold for 420,000 dollars- which is far more than double its 120,000 dollars to 150,000 dollars pre-auction estimate, the LA Times reported.
The costumes from the `Sound of Music`, including the Von Trapp children`s drapery outfits and the brown dress Julie Andrews wore while singing `Do-Re-Mi` fetched 1.56 million dollars.
As per the final bid results, other wardrobe pieces such as `Dorothy`s dresses` from `The Wizard of Oz` fetched 360,000 dollars, while a polka dot dress Lucille Ball wore as Lucy Ricardo was sold for 168,000 dollars.
An outfit worn by Jeff Bridges as the Dude in `The Big Lebowski` was sold for 54,000 dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' trailer creates history!
- Dia Mirza joins 'Save the Children' as Artist Ambassador! See Pics
- Deepwater Horizon movie review: Disastrously awful
- Tom Holland's 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' trailer features 'Iron Man' – Watch
- Wedding special: Themes to make your D-Day unforgettable!