Star Trek, Jurassic Park memorabilia up for grabs at Hollywood history auction
London: From ‘Star Trek’ to ‘The Ten Commandments,’ some of the most iconic props in Hollywood history are expected to be put up for auction in California this month.
Memorabilia from dozens of films, including a full-scale alien from the ‘Aliens’ films and dinosaurs from ‘Jurassic Park,’ will be sold at ‘The Hollywood Auction’ on December 15, the Daily Mail reported.
Included in the sale is James Bond’s suit, as worn by Pierce Brosnan in ‘The World is Not Enough,’ and the tunic (and ears) worn by Spock in ‘Star Trek: The Motion Picture,’ which is boldly expected to go for more than 75,000 pounds.
The iconic Spock tunic was worn by Leonard Nimoy in ‘Star Trek’ as the mixed human-Vulcan first officer.
Complete with original rank braiding on the sleeves, the piece has been locked away since 1968 - but the colour is still as vibrant as ever.
It was won by a viewer who entered a competition to design a costume for the cult Paramount TV show and has been kept by them ever since.
Also up for auction are The Tablets of Stone used by Charlton Heston when he played Moses in the 1956 film, ‘The Ten Commandments.’
The tablets come with a letter of authenticity from the creator, Paramount Studios scenic artist A.J. Ciraolo.
He made the tablets to be slightly irregular with craters so they appeared to be carved with God’s “fire bolts.”
Indiana Jones fanatics can purchase the gun used by Harrison Ford in ‘Raiders of The Lost Ark’ for 50,000 pounds.
The six-shot revolver is an original film-modified Smith and Wesson Hand Ejector Mk II, and was used through the majority of filming in Tunisia.
Science fiction enthusiasts will have the opportunity to purchase the full alien warrior creature costume from ‘Aliens’ for 75,000 pounds.
Film fanatics can also leave with a selection of models and motion puppets used in ‘Jurassic Park.’
Six models are on offer: a Tyrannosaurus rex, a Velociraptor, a Dilophosaurus, a Triceratops, a Gallimimus and a Compsognathus.
The highly-detailed and finely painted puppets range in value from 1,500 pounds to 5,000 pounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am a fan of Tom Hanks: Al Pacino
- A movie about Mumbai Film Festival
- Karan Johar starts promoting 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Check out: Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser to release tonight!
- Watch: Ranveer, Anushka's love story in new 'Dil Dhadakne Do' dialogue promo
- 'Baaghi': Tiger Shroff, Shraddha Kapoor turn rebels in love!
- 'Twin Peaks' to get 18 new episodes
- First trailer of 'Point Break' remake released
- 'Lay Me Down' changed my life: Sam Smith
- Taylor Swift goes on dinner date with Calvin Harris
- I have a coolest relationship with God: Justin Bieber
- 'Twin Peaks' to get 18 new episodes
- Dylan Bruce joins 'Heroes Reborn'
- The new 'X-Files' script made me cry: David Duchovny
- Piers Morgan returns to 'America's Got Talent' as guest
- Netflix renews 'Grace And Frankie' for season two
- Zayn Malik may make 'X Factor' comeback as judge
- 'Supergirl' pilot leaks online six months before schedule
- Kapil Sharma celebrates two years of CNWK with ‘ABCD 2’ team
- New York `Mad Men` exhibition extends to September 6
- Newcomer Monica Sehgal gets taste of her popularity
- Ashish Juneja to enter 'Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyar'
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi