Stephen Fry supports Malala, asks fans to sign petition
London: Actor Stephen Fry has extended support to Pakistani activist Malala Yousufzai, who was shot by Taliban gunmen for lending her voice to education rights for the girl child.
The 55-year-old actor posted a link of United Nations` Education First campaign on his Twitter page and requested everyone to sign a petition supporting the 14-year-old, reports dailystar.co.uk.
"We must add our voices to Malala`s and call for girls` education. Please sign," tweeted Fry.
Malala was Pakistan`s first National Peace Award winner, who was shot by an unidentified gunmen in the country`s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province Oct 9.
She is currently being treated in Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, Britain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Treat to work on dance numbers: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan will entice you in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' as a beautiful poetess!
- Revamp your old Tees into a crop top! Watch how
- Can you guess how many Indian films made it to BBC's list of best 100 films? – Full list inside
- Easy ways to make facial mists! Check out