Stephen Fry supports Malala, asks fans to sign petition
London: Actor Stephen Fry has extended support to Pakistani activist Malala Yousufzai, who was shot by Taliban gunmen for lending her voice to education rights for the girl child.
The 55-year-old actor posted a link of United Nations` Education First campaign on his Twitter page and requested everyone to sign a petition supporting the 14-year-old, reports dailystar.co.uk.
"We must add our voices to Malala`s and call for girls` education. Please sign," tweeted Fry.
Malala was Pakistan`s first National Peace Award winner, who was shot by an unidentified gunmen in the country`s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province Oct 9.
She is currently being treated in Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, Britain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- These cheesy pick-up lines will surely help you impress your crush!
- Women still banned in this ancient Greek monastery, but why?– Read more
- Is your SOUL mature enough? Find out here
- Incredible! This leaning Shiva Temple in Varanasi is partially submerged in Ganga
- Sex machines - the future of `clean` prostitution?