Stephen Jones designs high fashion helmets for cause
London: Milliner Stephen Jones, known for making beautiful hats that are appreciated by celebrities like Rihanna and Lady Gaga, has created high fashion bicycle helmets.
Not the run-of-the-mill helmets, the unique sporting headgear, modelled by Jodie Kidd and her partner David Blakeley, was commissioned by milk brand Cravendale to raise awareness of its limited edition Sport Relief bottles, which raise money for the charity, reportedly.
The three unique helmets include intricate handcrafted acrylic sculptures designed to give the effect of giant splashes of fresh Cravendale milk. Sitting atop each of these sculptures is an eye-catching athletic embellishment that takes inspiration from the Olympic Games - including a real red running shoe, blue swimming goggles and even a green bicycle wheel.
From concept to construction, the haute couture cycle helmets took more than 50 hours of millinery to complete and fans of the designs will be able to see the marvellous craftsmanship that has gone into each one when they`ll be on display at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London March 23.
Commenting on the designs, Jones said: “When I was approached by Cravendale to create these cycle helmets, it seemed like a marvellous opportunity to raise awareness of a fantastic charitable cause and posed an interesting creative challenge: how to turn pieces of sporting headgear into examples of haute couture millinery.”
“Ultimately I wanted these cycle helmets to reflect the fun, family spirit of Sport Relief, while also being bold style statements. With these three designs, I think we`ve certainly achieved that.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Shivaay' promotions: Kajol, Ajay Devgn all set to brighten Diwali at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor to continue kissing spree as CBFC gives U/A certificate to new 'Befikre' trailer!
- I have not taken a penny for 'Shivaay', says Ajay Devgn
- After 'ADHM', Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' and 'Dear Zindagi' get green signal from MNS
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' or 'Shivaay': Here's what 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli will be watching