Steve Martin apologises for racist tweet
Los Angeles: Hollywood actor Steve Martin has issued a public apology after posting a racially offensive joke on microblogging site Twitter.
The ‘Father of the Bride’ star was recently making a series of gags about grammar on Twitter when one fan asked him, "Is this how you spell lasonia?"
Martin reportedly replied: "It depends. Are you in an African-American neighbourhood or at an Italian restaurant?" reports femalefirst.co.uk.
This made a number of fans criticise him for the bad joke, and he later deleted the tweet and issued an apology, writing: "I did apologise. But again, a second later I realised what an offensive thing I`d done. Deep bow. My tweet was highly inappropriate".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cheers! Your evening drink may work as anti-depressant
- Zee Entertainment announces foray into radio
- Relax! Humans need more rest for better well-being
- Amul's 'Fawad Thinking' ad on MNS ban is what you MUST SEE this morning!
- Navratri Special: Send Goddess Durga's blessings to your loved ones with these TOP 10 WhatsApp messages!