Steven Spielberg snubbed Chelsea Clinton wedding
London: Hollywood director Steven Spielberg missed Chelsea Clinton`s wedding to spend a day with piglets on a farm in England in preparation for a new movie.
The `Jurassic Park` filmmaker was one of a handful of A-list celebrities invited to attend the wedding of former US President Bill Clinton`s only daughter to Marc Mezvinsky last weekend, Daily Express online reported.
The New York event was one of America`s most high-profile nuptials in recent years but Spielberg snubbed the affair so he could pay a visit to a farm in Widecombe-in-the-Moor.
The director plans to shoot new movie `War Horse in Dartmoor` on the 450-acre Holwell Farm.
"It has been chaotic but very memorable. He came here last Saturday for a recce of the area. It was Bill Clinton`s daughter`s wedding and much of the world`s media thought he
was there," Farm`s owner Philippa Hughes said.
"We showed him around the farm, showed him the views and he met the animals, like our piglets and Dartmoor ponies. He was very friendly and unassuming. He loved the animals and we found him a very easy person to be around," he added.
"Some of the Americans among the crew were very impressed with Dartmoor. When you tell them the landscape has remained virtually unchanged for centuries, they can`t quite believe it. It`s such an iconic landscape," he said.
Spielberg`s latest project, based on Michael Morpurgo`s novel, tells the story of a horse shipped to France during World War I.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra wishes to grow up like her grandmother
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan gets miffed with paparazzi for hurting daughter Aaradhya – Watch video
- Sweet! Is this how Ranbir Kapoor trying to win Katrina Kaif back?
- Maharashtra Governor applauds Juhi Chawla, Shabana Azmi's 'Chalk N Duster'
- Shah Rukh Khan fined Rs 1.93 lakh for illegal ramp outside 'Mannat'
- Does Ganesha really ride a mouse?
- Oh boy! Have you seen a three-legged dog? Watch short film which tells a touching tale
- Ever wondered what you really are? Take quiz now!
- Watch: Mother puts her triplets and toddler to bed – Viral video
- Vasant Panchami: Pay tribute to Goddess Saraswati by singing this Aarti song