Stop depending on government for security: Yukta Mookhey urges women
Mumbai: Former Miss World and actress Yukta Mookhey feels that instead of relying upon the society or the government machinery, it is time women took up the cudgels to safeguard them.
"Instead of depending on the society or the system or government, it is important how much effort we take for ourselves," the 33-year-old said here at a programme organised for women empowerment.
"I think it`s important to get rid of that fear that `if I say something, this might be the reaction`, or `my family will be put down`. So if we all come out together, out of these boundaries, a change will be seen soon," she added.
The actress, seen in films like "Pyaasa", "Love in Japan" and "Memsahab - Lost In A Mirage", feels it`s important for a woman to support another woman.
"We should not let go of even the smaller things. We should stand and speak for ourselves. Besides, the most important thing is a woman`s support to a woman. And it`s not just women, in fact, many men, fathers, brothers and friends among the country folk have lent their support and this is very encouraging," Yukta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Shivaay' promotions: Kajol, Ajay Devgn all set to brighten Diwali at 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor to continue kissing spree as CBFC gives U/A certificate to new 'Befikre' trailer!
- I have not taken a penny for 'Shivaay', says Ajay Devgn
- After 'ADHM', Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' and 'Dear Zindagi' get green signal from MNS
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' or 'Shivaay': Here's what 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli will be watching