Superman suit expected to fetch 20k pounds at auction
London: The costume worn by Christopher Reeve in his fourth Superman film, is set to fetch 20,000 pounds at an auction this week.
The suit, made by London`s costumiers, Bermans `n` Nathans, was given to a British member of the production team after the filming of ` Superman IV: The Quest For Peace` in 1987, the Daily Express reported.
Martin Nolan of Julien`s Auctions in Beverly Hills, who termed the outfit as iconic, said that it represents one of the only times in history when wearing underpants on the outside was a good look.
Nolan added that the costume is in great condition and one could even see the little sewn-in slots where the cables were attached for the flying manoeuvres in the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Preparing for your dream job? Opt for an in-person interview
- Badshah's Hindi cover of Justin Bieber’s 'Sorry' is out and, dayum, it's addictive!
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video
- Boyfriend material! Five signs that prove he is the ideal one for you