Superman suit expected to fetch 20k pounds at auction
London: The costume worn by Christopher Reeve in his fourth Superman film, is set to fetch 20,000 pounds at an auction this week.
The suit, made by London`s costumiers, Bermans `n` Nathans, was given to a British member of the production team after the filming of ` Superman IV: The Quest For Peace` in 1987, the Daily Express reported.
Martin Nolan of Julien`s Auctions in Beverly Hills, who termed the outfit as iconic, said that it represents one of the only times in history when wearing underpants on the outside was a good look.
Nolan added that the costume is in great condition and one could even see the little sewn-in slots where the cables were attached for the flying manoeuvres in the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Riteish Deshmukh tweets an important life lesson on Shivaji Jayanti!
- Ashish Kaul appointed CEO of Prakash Jha Productions
- Rajkummar Rao's presence in Hansal Mehta's life has been 'transformative'