London: Superman, played by the late Christopher Reeve, has been voted the greatest ever sci-fi character on screen.
The ‘Man of Steel’ beat Star Wars’ Han Solo and Yoda into second and third.
The top five was completed by ET, from E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial and Jay played by Will Smith in the Men in Black Series.
The highest-ranked female character in the list was Ripley from the Alien movies, played by Sigourney Weaver, who was in 21st position.
The top incarnation of Doctor Who was David Tennant at number 20, who was beaten by the Daleks at 13 and even the Tardis at 16.
The best placing from the popular long-running Star Trek series was Captain Kirk (William Shatner) at number seven, in the poll of 2,000 people.
The game``s marketing manager Katherine Pierce said of Superman``s win: "He is the archetypal hero, and clearly as popular now as he was when he first appeared in comic books over 70 years ago."
Top ten sci-fi characters:
1. Superman (Christopher Reeve) - Superman
2. Han Solo (Harrison Ford) - Star Wars
3. Yoda (Frank Oz) - Star Wars
4. ET - E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial
5. Jay (Will Smith) - Men in Black Series
6. Darth Vader (James Earl Jones) - Star Wars series
7. Captain James T Kirk (William Shatner) - Star Trek
8. Marty McFly (Michael J Fox) - Back to the Future
9. C3PO (Anthony Daniels) - Star Wars
10. Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) - Star Trek.