Swiss shop clerk calls Oprah`s claims of racial profiling `absurd`
New York: The Swiss boutique clerk , who was accused of making racist comments to Oprah Winfery, has slammed the talk-show host, claiming that Winfrey`s account "is not true" and "absurd."
The unidentified Italian woman, who has worked at Zurich`s high-class ` Trois Pommes` shop for 5 years, told Switzerland`s SonntagsBlick newspaper that she would never say something like `it`s too expensive for you`, to a customer, the New York Daily News reported.
The shop attendant said that she doesn`t know why Winfery was making such accusations, adding that Winfrey is so powerful and she is just a shop girl.
The unnamed lady added that she doesn`t know why someone as great as Winfrey must cannibalize her on TV, over a 38,000-dollar Tom Ford handbag flap.
Meanwhile, the owner of the boutique has said that the incident between Winfrey and a sales assistant was just a "misunderstanding".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Johnny Depp's lawyer responds to Amber Heard's abuse allegations
- 'Veerappan' Box Office collections, movie mints Rs 1.77 cr on first day!
- 'Alice Through The Looking Glass' movie review: A visual extravaganza
- Ditch heavy furniture, go for poufs and stools!