Teachers helped to deal with parents` divorce: John Legend
Los Angeles: Grammy-winning singer John Legend has revealed his teachers at school helped him to cope up with his parents` divorce.
The 35-year-old `All of Me` hitmaker said he was 10 when his parents separated and it was not easy for him to deal with, reportedly.
"I was 10 when my parents got divorced. It`s a pretty common story in America, and it`s a pretty tough time for kids,
especially if they`re still at home in the middle of growing up. Seeing my family fall apart was a traumatic moment," he said.
Legend, who is working with an organisation to help schools through teacher training, credits the "emotional support" he received at school for getting him through the difficult time.
"It was important to have teachers and counsellors at school who could give emotional support. All of these people took extra time to show me that they cared and were going to hold me accountable," the singer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIFA 2016: Priyanka Chopra wins 'Woman of the Year' award, expresses her joy on Twitter! - View pic
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners