Teachers helped to deal with parents` divorce: John Legend
Los Angeles: Grammy-winning singer John Legend has revealed his teachers at school helped him to cope up with his parents` divorce.
The 35-year-old `All of Me` hitmaker said he was 10 when his parents separated and it was not easy for him to deal with, reportedly.
"I was 10 when my parents got divorced. It`s a pretty common story in America, and it`s a pretty tough time for kids,
especially if they`re still at home in the middle of growing up. Seeing my family fall apart was a traumatic moment," he said.
Legend, who is working with an organisation to help schools through teacher training, credits the "emotional support" he received at school for getting him through the difficult time.
"It was important to have teachers and counsellors at school who could give emotional support. All of these people took extra time to show me that they cared and were going to hold me accountable," the singer said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!
- India made Aamir Khan’s 'PK' a blockbuster, that's tolerance: BJP MP
- Good news for food lovers in Mumbai: City to celebrate first Family Food Festival
- Dev Diwali, Karthigai Deepam: Know significance and legend
- Spirituality: Chant Dhanvantri Mantra for healing, good health
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: Here’s how it is celebrated