Teachers helped to deal with parents` divorce: John Legend
Los Angeles: Grammy-winning singer John Legend has revealed his teachers at school helped him to cope up with his parents` divorce.
The 35-year-old `All of Me` hitmaker said he was 10 when his parents separated and it was not easy for him to deal with, reportedly.
"I was 10 when my parents got divorced. It`s a pretty common story in America, and it`s a pretty tough time for kids,
especially if they`re still at home in the middle of growing up. Seeing my family fall apart was a traumatic moment," he said.
Legend, who is working with an organisation to help schools through teacher training, credits the "emotional support" he received at school for getting him through the difficult time.
"It was important to have teachers and counsellors at school who could give emotional support. All of these people took extra time to show me that they cared and were going to hold me accountable," the singer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out these 10 essential fashion life hacks that everyone should know!
- Here's how Aamir Khan plans to surprise Kiran Rao on their 11th wedding anniversary!
- Shah Rukh Khan aka Miyan Bhai's dialoguebaazi from 'Raees' takes excitement up a notch!
- Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan to recreate 'Tamma Tamma' magic in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'!
- Throwback! We bet you haven't seen these rare Bollywood pictures