Ten types of friends that most women have
London: Be it a patch-up, breakup, shopping, or a festival, a woman always has a long list of friends who are suitable for that particular occasion.
A recent study by promotionalcodes.org.uk reveals that there are 10 categories of friends that a woman usually has, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Here`s a list of 10 types of friends:
1. The steady-eddie: The most reliable and trusted of friends, a woman is able to do anything with this person, whether it is going for a night out or shopping.
This friend type is someone they have known for at least five years (or probably for much longer), their number will be on the speed-dial and more than likely they will be bridesmaids for each other.
2. The shopping buddy: This person has stamina, a good eye for design and a very flexible credit card. One can always rely on them to give an honest feedback when trying clothes on. They make an excellent team when going out during sales and grabbing things off the rail they know the other person would like.
What`s more? They even know each others` measurements like their own.
3. The agony aunt: Often an older friend, a mother figure with whom a woman can talk to about stuff they would never want their mother to know. They are the ones who have had more life experience and are always willing to talk.
4. The crybaby: Woman let this friend cry on their shoulder once, and unfortunately they become the default agony aunt to all their problems. This friend type calls at the most inconvenient hours like from the loos at work or after they`ve had a few too many drinks.
5. The Samantha: Everyone knows a Samantha. Immortalised by Kim Catrall in "Sex and the City", Samantha does anything, says anything and is, at the best of times, a loose cannon. She`s great to go out with in the evenings and one can always expect to have a fun time with her, but she never knows when enough is enough.
6. The Nigella: Are you always the one hosting the dinner parties, or do you just enjoy inviting your friends round to see your new home improvements? If so, then you are the Nigella.
The Nigella is the domestic goddess who cooks, cleans and always looks immaculate. Everyone is jealous of a Nigella.
7. The friend of a friend: They are those people whom one has met a couple of times and, are friends on Facebook. They don`t really have anything in common, other than a mutual acquaintance. If they by chance bump into each other on the street, the conversation is extremely limited and quite awkward - especially if they`ve forgotten their name!
8. The `married with kids`: A married with kids friend is someone with whom one had fun until they tied the knot. Now no more night outs, all they ever do is "coffee at mine on Saturday" and conversation is limited to what her kids are up to. Of course, one doesn`t resent her getting married and starting a family, but they just want a bit of their old friend back.
9. The plan B: People don`t admit it but everyone has their `plan B` friend ready to fill a gap when a better friend can`t make a night out. They would never say if someone is their reserve friend - but they better have a good set of excuses to hand as to why they were not invited in the first place. If that has happened to someone on more than one occasion with their friend saying, "We would have asked you earlier, but I thought you were busy", then they are a plan B.
10. The all-seeing-eye: The all-seeing-eye friend is the ultimate queen of gossip. She will know other peoples` business well before they do and won`t be afraid to hold her tongue. One goes to them when they want the latest scoop. However, they are careful about how much of their own news they let them have.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' breaks into Rs 100 crore club
- Vidya Balan turns down Suchitra Sen biopic
- Disney pulls plug on 'Tron 3'
- 21 European films to be screened in Kolkata
- Mamata Banerjee remembers Rituparno Ghosh as West Bengal's pride
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- 'Ishqedarriyaan' review: An oft-seen love story
- Chris Brown sometimes hated himself
- Emilia Clarke called 'Dragon Lady' in shops
- Kangana Ranaut inaugurates first Gap store in India
- Nicki Minaj particular about sex
- Ashlee’s behaviour got her booted
- Photog dies of heart attack after ‘shooting’ Lady Gaga
- Carey’s dogs have their own entourage!
- Posh’s Christmas gift for Becks – micro-pigs!
- Lady Gaga voted Weirdest Star
- Lindsay threatened by fake gun!
- Teacher posts nude pics on web to annoy beau
- Man can’t touch his ‘creamy’ wife!
- `A Celeb`s life is similar to a vampire’s’
- Psychic contacts Jackson`s spirit
- Cheryl Cole listens to her own records
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be announced today at 10:30 AM
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department