Titanic` made me be in control of my career: DiCaprio
Los Angeles: Leonardo DiCaprio`s choices have been different from the romantic hero role that made him famous in `Titanic` but the actor is very proud of his breakout role in the James Cameron directed movie.
DiCaprio, who is up for an Oscar in the best actor category for playing a reckless and immoral stock broker in `The Wolf of Wall Street`, believes the film`s popularity helped him have a greater control on his career.
"You know, it`s been such a long time, but it was such a huge part of my life. And people maybe think I have a reaction to that, to that film, but the truth is, I`m incredibly proud of it. And not only that, the movie has really made me be in control of my career," DiCaprio said.
The 39-year-old actor has been nominated at the Oscars for five times and is a strong favourite this year for his fifth collaboration with director Martin Scorsese.
They have previously worked together on `The Gangs of New York`, `The Aviator`, `The Departed` and `Shutter Island`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tiger Shroff starrer 'A Flying Jatt' sequel on cards?
- Amazon Prime Video India partners with Vishesh Films
- Akshay Kumar's 'Gold' based on India's first olympic medal
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 694: Abhi saves Pragya yet again from getting killed
- I am completely against banning Pakistani actors in India: Dibakar Banerjee