Tollywood denies links with spot-fixing
Hyderabad: The Telugu film industry has no links with the IPL spot-fixing scandal, the Telugu council has said.
The council Tuesday denied reports that a Telugu film producer had links with the scandal which rocked the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL).
Council executive committee member T. Bharadwaj clarified that Tollywood, as the Telugu film industry is known, has no casting director.
He said if any producer was found to have any links with those involved in the scandal, the council would take serious action.
His clarification came amid report that a Telugu director has links with cricketer S. Sreesanth, who along with two other players of the Rajasthan Royals team and several bookies, was arrested by Delhi Police last week.
The director reportedly sent pictures of some actresses and models to Sreesanth, whose company S36 was planning to produce movies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali