Tom Alter refuses to recite Punjabi verse due to lack of authenticity
New Delhi: Tom Alter has refused to recite a Punjabi verse for the trailer of an upcoming book due to lack of authenticity in his Punjabi accent.
The 63-year-old star was approached by author Manreet Sodhi Someshwar for the making of the trailer of her upcoming book, `The Hunt for Kohinoor`, which involved the ` Veer-Zaara` actor to recite a Punjabi verse at the very beginning of the video.
However, after several retakes, when Alter could not get the right accent for the verse, he refused to go ahead with it as it would not contribute to an authentic version of the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Arshad Warsi says 'Mata ka email' song doesn't intend to hurt anyone's sentiments
- 'Guddu Rangeela' conveys serious message with pinch of salt, says Arshad Warsi
- PIL against 'Mohalla Assi': HC fixes July 6 as date of hearing
- Sunny Leone to play cameo in Akshay Kumar's 'Singh Is Bliing'