Tom Cruise assigned by Scientology to fight aliens?
New York: Tom Cruise reportedly signed a billion-year contract of service with the Church of Scientology to protect humanity from aliens, according to a new book.
Written by Lawrence Wright, `Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood & The Prison of Belief` details Cruise`s demigod status within the church, as well as the group`s ultimate purpose – protect humanity from aliens living in our bodies, who are bent on destroying us and ultimately the planet, reported New York Post.
Cruise was introduced to the religion when he was 23 years old by his then-girlfriend, actress Mimi Rogers. Seven years his senior, Rogers was an avowed member of Scientology; they married in 1987.
It took several years for church leaders to realize that for all of their celebrity acolytes, including John Travolta, Priscilla Presley, Kirstie Alley, Kelly Preston and Sonny Bono, they had a true superstar at their disposal.
Cruise, 50, would later come to believe that in the hierarchy of Scientology, he was No 3, behind only the founder, the late L Ron Hubbard (known as LRH) and No 2 David Miscavige, who goes by COB, for Chairman of the Board of the Religious Technology Center.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tiger Shroff starrer 'A Flying Jatt' sequel on cards?
- Amazon Prime Video India partners with Vishesh Films
- Akshay Kumar's 'Gold' based on India's first olympic medal
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 694: Abhi saves Pragya yet again from getting killed
- I am completely against banning Pakistani actors in India: Dibakar Banerjee