Tom Cruise shows up unannounced as guest speaker at California acting school
New York: Tom Cruise surprised a group of students after he showed up unexpectedly as commencement speaker at the Joanne Baron/D.W. Brown Studio in Santa Monica, California.
Wearing a sharp suit and tie, the `Top Gun` star gave a moving speech with notes from his acting career during the ceremony.
He advised the aspiring actors to be open to new experiences and learn all they can, and be well prepared for their role, the New York Post reported.
The 51-year-old reminisced about his first film, `Taps` with Sean Penn in 1981 during the speech.
According to sources, Cruise`s cousin, William Mapother, is a graduate of the school.
The boutique school has previously hosted Tom Hanks, Anthony Hopkins, Robert De Niro and Dustin Hoffman previously.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artiste controversy: Producers thank cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release
- No one can make remake of magnum opus 'Mughal-e-Azam', says Randhir Kapoor
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan talks about her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Veteran Punjabi actor Mehar Mittal passes away
- Asking money for casting Pak actors is extortion: Ashoke Pandit on ADHM row