Tom Cruise shows up unannounced as guest speaker at California acting school
New York: Tom Cruise surprised a group of students after he showed up unexpectedly as commencement speaker at the Joanne Baron/D.W. Brown Studio in Santa Monica, California.
Wearing a sharp suit and tie, the `Top Gun` star gave a moving speech with notes from his acting career during the ceremony.
He advised the aspiring actors to be open to new experiences and learn all they can, and be well prepared for their role, the New York Post reported.
The 51-year-old reminisced about his first film, `Taps` with Sean Penn in 1981 during the speech.
According to sources, Cruise`s cousin, William Mapother, is a graduate of the school.
The boutique school has previously hosted Tom Hanks, Anthony Hopkins, Robert De Niro and Dustin Hoffman previously.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Baywatch’ babe Priyanka Chopra shares sizzling hot pic on Dwayne Johnson’s birthday
- Who’s the ‘Secret Superstar’ in Aamir Khan’s next film?
- Hema Malini, Dharmendra celebrate 36 years of marriage – See pics
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Planning to buy stylish shades? Here's your guide to buying perfect sunglasses
- Know who is vulnerable to online dating scams
- Dear ladies, Women's Online Shopping Festival is here to pamper you
- Do men really mean all what they say? Read on to decode men
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow