Tom Cruise turns down Psy’s Gangnam Style challenge
Karachi: Tom Cruise, who was in Seoul to promote his new film ‘Jack Reacher,’ declined a chance to try out his “Gangnam Style” dance skills on Thursday.
The 50-year-old actor hailed Psy as “quite a sensation” but declined to follow the likes of UN secretary general Ban Ki-moon in imitating the singer’s dance moves, saying that the 35-year-old South Korean rapper did it better than him, the Express Tribune reported.
Cruise said that he was happy for Psy’s success and that everyone had really enjoyed it.
He was one of the many celebrities around the world, who took to social networks last year, to promote the ‘Gangnam style’ video, as it became a viral sensation.
“Think @Psy_oppa would make a good future co-star Gangnam Style?” he tweeted last September.
When asked last year which person he would most like to see “go Gangnam Style”, Psy named Cruise as his first choice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deols should promote their films well, SRK told Dharmendra
- Spielberg's fan letter made Dwayne Johnson 'grin like a kid'
- 'Simpsons' creator Matt Groening sued by nanny for 'discrimination'
- Iggy Azalea slams media for trying to create 'beef' between her, Britney Spears
- 'Minions' filmmakers Chris Renaud wants to cast Chris Pratt as next 'villain'