Tom Cruise wanted to be a Catholic priest
Los Angeles: Hollywood actor Tom Cruise, 50, wanted to be a Catholic priest when he was a teenager, but he recalls how he was asked to leave St. Francis Seminary at Cincinnati University as he was caught stealing alcohol.
"We found few bottles of liquor and kept it near the woods. The priests did not find it until few other boys got to know about our plan. They went inside the woods and got drunk. They were caught red-handed and forced to confess," contactmusic.com quoted Cruise`s school friend Shane Dempler as saying.
"The school wrote a letter to our parents saying that they liked us, but didn`t want us to return. So we were not kicked out, just preferred not to go," said Dempler.
He added that he and Cruise were “really interested” in priesthood, but later realised that it was too early to make a decision about their career.
"We used to attend Mass, spend time in the chapel and enjoy hearing stories from the priests. We thought the priests had a great lifestyle and we were really interested in priesthood," said Dempler.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arjun Kapoor's early birthday celebrations on the sets of 'Half Girlfriend'! Pic inside
- Find out which day of the week is dedicated to which Lord!
- Govinda chose 'The Kapil Sharma show' over 'Comedy Nights Live'—Here's why?
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside