Tom Hanks doesn`t care about money
London: Actor Tom Hanks isn`t driven by big paydays and would be just as happy earning small salaries like he did in his early career.
The Oscar-winning actor, who regularly commands multi-million dollar pay days for his movies, said money doesn`t matter much to him, reported Contactmusic.
"My attitude to money? On a 1980 TV series called `Bosom Buddies` I made USD 5,000 a week. If I had made that kind of money for the rest of my life I would have been happy, honestly. But I have been getting ludicrous sums of money for quite some time.
"The best part is not owing money to anyone. Money, though, has never been my driving force. You can live in the biggest and best house in the world but it can be shit if you are unhappy," he said.
The 57-year-old screen legend has earned critical acclaim for movies such as "Forrest Gump", but he admits that he isn`t worried when one of his films flops because it keeps him grounded.
"I have been lucky in my career simply because I made bad decisions, and learned good lessons, out of the public eye. I made the 1984 film `Splash` and that was successful. Then I was in movies which flopped. No one was paying me any attention. But had it all happened for me overnight, I would have suffered problems. When fame finally came, I was as ready as you can ever be.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chaddha's 'Masaan' wins Fipresci award at Cannes
- My mom, wife worried about my health: Aamir Khan
- Found my inspiration from a 'besura' singer: Harmeet Singh
- Always had Irrfan, Amitabh Bachchan in mind for 'Piku': Sircar
- Richa Chaddha extends Cannes trip for 'detox'
- Badshah's new song 'Pinjra' on honour killings
- Amitabh Bachchan rehearses even with spotboys, reveals 'Piku' director
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Sidharth Malhotra off to Coonoor to shoot for 'Kapoor and Sons'
- Amitabh Bachchan's great memories 34 years after 'Lawaris'
- Manisha Koirala partners with UNFPA to help quake-affected women
- Top 5 reasons why relationships fail
- Anupam Kher's health dilemmas
- Vergara's former fiance to seek custody of embryos
- Stone, Garfield still have the 'sparks'
- Hiding true colours makes you feel immoral
- Model Nicole Trunfio poses breastfeeding son in Elle cover
- Pamela Anderson ready to date lots of guys
- Did Vanessa Hudgens help BFF Selena to avoid her ex Justin Bieber?
- Thin models may put off more women than they inspire
- Amanda Seyfried finds Charlize Theron trustworthy
- Robert De Niro's blunt commencement speech at NYU
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe