Tom Hanks slams movie violence
London: Hollywood star Tom Hanks does not like the way violence is being portrayed on the big screen these days.
The 57-year-old `Saving Private Ryan` star feels that violence nowadays gets presented in a very glamorous manner in the movies, reported Contatcmusic.
"We got into another era where it becomes the kind of glamorous it can be to fire guns and blow up buildings and stuff like that," Hanks said.
"And I understand that to a degree, but even when I was young I wanted to see films that somehow reflected my world or the world as I understand it or an authentic take on how complicated we all are," he added.
The Academy-award-winning actor, however, finds the James Bond films fabulous.
"While there`s always room for a fabulous James Bond movie with a great action sequence in it, there is without doubt another type of film out there that is not that interested in it, there`s no moralisation that goes on, and I simply don`t choose to see them," he said.
"There have always been movies like that and it`s just that now they are part and parcel of the grand commerce of the motion picture industry."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!