Tom Hanks takes public transport to work on Broadway
New York: Actor Tom Hanks recently took a ride in the New York city subway to get to work and he says travelling by public transport is less disrupting.
The 56-year-old, who disguised himself by wearing a hat and glasses, said his fans hardly stopped to notice him, reported New York magazine.
"Nobody looks at anybody on the subway. Occasionally someone might give you a thumbs-up, and you nod. But the city is magnificent as far as that brand of easy anonymity. You just fold right in," he said.
Hanks is not the only celebrity to hop on the New York subway - Anne Hathaway, Drew Barrymore and Katie Holmes have all been known to take public transport on occasion.
Hanks was on his way to star in the play `Lucky Guy`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth thanks fans for 'Kabali' success with THIS sweetest gesture! - Details inside
- Priyanka Chopra to join Hollywood stars for anti-poverty concert
- 'Masaan' will always be a special film for me: Richa Chadha
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- Hrithik Roshan never takes his work for granted: Yami Gautam