Tom Hanks takes public transport to work on Broadway
New York: Actor Tom Hanks recently took a ride in the New York city subway to get to work and he says travelling by public transport is less disrupting.
The 56-year-old, who disguised himself by wearing a hat and glasses, said his fans hardly stopped to notice him, reported New York magazine.
"Nobody looks at anybody on the subway. Occasionally someone might give you a thumbs-up, and you nod. But the city is magnificent as far as that brand of easy anonymity. You just fold right in," he said.
Hanks is not the only celebrity to hop on the New York subway - Anne Hathaway, Drew Barrymore and Katie Holmes have all been known to take public transport on occasion.
Hanks was on his way to star in the play `Lucky Guy`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amazon Prime Video India partners with Vishesh Films
- Akshay Kumar's 'Gold' based on India's first olympic medal
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 694: Abhi saves Pragya yet again from getting killed
- I am completely against banning Pakistani actors in India: Dibakar Banerjee
- Riteish Deshmukh just tweeted the most cutesy message for his 'baiko' Genelia!