Tracy Morgan underwent leg surgery, not amputation
Los Angeles: `Saturday Night Live` star Tracy Morgan, who was injured in a multi-vehicle collision, had a leg surgery not amputation, according to his representative.
The 45-year-old `30 Rock` star`s representative reportedly confirmed that he had surgery on his broken leg and did not need amputation contrary to rumours.
"Tracy remains in critical but stable condition. His fiance Megan is by his side," he said, adding, "As we shared yesterday, Tracy had surgery on his broken leg."
Morgan is being treated at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Jersey and is expected to remain hospitalised for several weeks.
"This recovery will be arduous and we hope that you can be patient during this difficult time."
He was injured early Saturday after the limousine bus he was riding from a stand-up show in Delaware was struck by a truck in a six-vehicle accident. The wreck hurt two others and killed comedian James McNair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranveer Singh's act in 'Bajirao Mastani' stirred me: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Good head of hair a real confidence booster: Priyanka Chopra
- Javed Akhtar turns 72, wife Shabana Azmi praises his 'magical persona'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai