Treatment of women in Israel is distressing: Barbra Streisand
Los Angeles: Hollywood veteran Barbra Streisand says she is concerned about how women are treated in Israel during a felicitation ceremony.
The 71-year-old actress received honorary doctorate in philosophy from Hebrew University of Jerusalem, reported E! online.
"It`s distressing to read about women in Israel being forced to sit in the back of a bus or having metal chairs hurled at them when they intend to peacefully and legally pray," Streisand said.
"Or women being banned from singing in public ceremonies. I know that solutions don`t come easy. And they don`t in the United States, where women are still making 80 cents for every dollar that a man makes." she added.
Streisand is also scheduled to perform two concerts in Tel Aviv and sing for Israeli President Shimon Peres` birthday while in the Middle East.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trisha Krishnan’s twitter account hacked; mother seeks police protection for daughter
- Good news! Rannvijay Singha blessed with a baby girl
- Vin Diesel enjoys cutting chai with Deepika Padukone
- National award-winning filmmaker Deepak Roy dead at 67
- Sidharth Malhotra turns 32, B-Town wishes him more success