Tulisa Contostavlos duped in mega 8m-pound Bollywood fraud deal
London: Tulisa Contostavlos has been left devastated after her multi-million pound deal to become a Bollywood superstar turned out to be an elaborate hoax.
The 24-year-old singer has been fooled by pranksters posing as film executives, who promised her 8million pounds and global fame for playing a sari-clad British girl who moves from London to India, the Mirror reported.
The former ` X Factor` judge was preparing to announce the "deal" with a great fanfare last week after two months of negotiations.
But the singer is now reeling in shock after she found that it was a sophisticated fraud.
A source close to her told the publication that the star has taken the scam badly and is pretty low and has locked herself away in her 6million dollars mansion in Hertfordshir.
Tulisa has reportedly told her pals that the movie role was her dream job and she was "ecstatic and -excited" about it.
During weeks of talks, she was flown to Los Angeles and Las Vegas and was introduced to her so-called co-stars in the penthouse of a five-star hotel.
But, after Tulisa returned to London, the so-called movie bosses flew to the capital where they hired several executive rooms at the Grosvenor House Hotel on Park Lane.
According to one of her pals, since finding that the plan was a sham, Tulisa has lost trust in most of her close friends and has also changed her phone number.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', rakes in Rs 40 cr on opening day!