US actress Anjelica Huston named PETA person of the year
London: US Actress Anjelica Huston has been crowned PETA’s Person of the Year for campaigning to keep chimpanzees out of TV commercials.
Due to the 61-year-old actresses’ volunteerism and work as a narrator of a hard-hitting video expose, about how great apes suffered in the entertainment industry, the top 10 advertising agencies in the US have adopted policies to stop using chimps in their ads, the Daily Star reported.
A PETA spokesperson said that ‘The Witches’ star sent her video to agency chiefs across the country, showing them exactly how great apes are torn away from their mothers shortly after their birth and were frequently beaten during training to perform in ads for companies like Dodge, Europcar, Pfizer, Samsung, and Travelers Insurance, all of which pulled their ads after talks with PETA.
PETA’s representative Wendy Wegner said that Huston was a true friend to all animals and the perfect choice for PETA’s Person of the Year 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez