US man plays guitar during own brain surgery
New York: A Los Angeles man shocked the world when he strummed his one-of-a-kind handmade guitar for six hours during his own brain surgery as doctors performed their work.
The actor-musician played the instrument to guide surgeons to locate the best spot for a deep brain stimulation surgical procedure that they hope will ease tremors in his hands that have kept him from his life`s passion.
Carter told NBC`s `Today` that he has been a guitar ist since 1988 and music is his first love, the New York Daily News reported.
He said that he is an actor for a living, but music is a part of his soul.
Carter started having tremors in his hand seven years ago and he was later diagnosed with a condition called benign essential tremor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CONFIRMED! Aditi Rao Hydari to play 'Bhoomi' in Sanjay Dutt's comeback film
- Ajay Devgn sent an emotional message to Salman Khan - But why?
- Salman Khan's 'Tubelight' actress Zhu Zhu got THIS special present from the Khan of all seasons! Guess what?
- Deepika Padukone shoots for 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show'—Check out first pics!
- Akshay Kumar’s ‘Crack’ shelved? Here’s the truth