Venting about boss may boost productivity
Melbourne: Keeping your feelings buried has never done anybody any good, and now a new study suggests the same applies even at work.
Workers who want to earn themselves an employee of the month nomination should instead unleash their negative feelings about their nine-to-five on their colleagues, according to the study.
Dutch researcher Annefloor Klep claims that doing so can hold the key to increasing productivity, reports News.com.au.
Venting at work created colleague unity and the free exchange of information in a team environment could also help solve complicated analytical problems, the study found.
Australian clinical psychologist Dr Janet Hall backed up the findings and said it was beneficial to let off steam in the office.
"Speak up or be a sook!" Hall said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata Banerjee pays homage to 'Mahanayak' Uttam Kumar
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!