Verdict on homosexuality wrong: Designer Rohit Verma
Mumbai: Fashion designer Rohit Verma, a cross-dresser, is upset with the Supreme Court`s ruling that homosexuality is a crime. He says everyone has the right to live their life and love a person their way.
"I am very sad. Every person has the right to live his life. We call ourselves a free nation, but this verdict makes us feel that we are not really free," Rohit said here Wednesday at his fashion show.
"If a person loves someone, then no one should have any objection. Every individual has the right to love on his own terms and conditions. It is a very wrong verdict. I ask the media to support these people and raise your voice against the verdict," he added.
The Supreme Court Wednesday held consensual sex between adults of the same gender a criminal offence, leaving the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community dejected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amal Clooney's baggy floral smock sparks pregnancy rumours!
- Priyanka Chopra wins big at People's Choice Awards one more time!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!
- 'FIR' actress Kavita Kaushik set to marry boyfriend Ronnit Biswas!
- Tracing Salman Khan's Arms Act case: Timeline