Waheeda Rehman`s hand prints captured
Mumbai: Legendary actress Waheeda Rehman`s handprints were captured Monday at the South Africa India Film and Television Awards (SAIFTA) event and she said that she felt honoured.
"Taking handprints is a new trend. It is good for the artists. I feel honoured," Waheeda told reporters at the curtain-raiser press conference of SAIFTA.
"It`s a great opportunity for two countries to come together. All the best," she said about SAIFTA. The press meet was also attended by John Abraham, Manoj Bajpayee and Suniel Shetty.
SAIFTA, an annual event, will take place in Durban Sep 6 and Saif Ali Khan will host it. "Shootout At Wadala" and "Shootout At Lokhandwala" will be screened at the event.
The star-studded Indian panellists for the event include names like Waheeda Rehman, Mukesh Bhatt, Boman Irani, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and Farah Khan.
Sanjay Gupta, director of "Shootout At Wadala", said: "Students in Durban want to know the film-making process. Our two films will be screened as they are unique and based on real events."
The star cast of both the films will be present at the event and interact with the audience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali