Waheeda Rehman`s hand prints captured
Mumbai: Legendary actress Waheeda Rehman`s handprints were captured Monday at the South Africa India Film and Television Awards (SAIFTA) event and she said that she felt honoured.
"Taking handprints is a new trend. It is good for the artists. I feel honoured," Waheeda told reporters at the curtain-raiser press conference of SAIFTA.
"It`s a great opportunity for two countries to come together. All the best," she said about SAIFTA. The press meet was also attended by John Abraham, Manoj Bajpayee and Suniel Shetty.
SAIFTA, an annual event, will take place in Durban Sep 6 and Saif Ali Khan will host it. "Shootout At Wadala" and "Shootout At Lokhandwala" will be screened at the event.
The star-studded Indian panellists for the event include names like Waheeda Rehman, Mukesh Bhatt, Boman Irani, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and Farah Khan.
Sanjay Gupta, director of "Shootout At Wadala", said: "Students in Durban want to know the film-making process. Our two films will be screened as they are unique and based on real events."
The star cast of both the films will be present at the event and interact with the audience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modern Indian masters, rare art works at Christie's sale
- Shabbir Ahluwalia's romance locked dinner date with wife Kanchi Kaul – See pic
- Twitter poll a prophecy? 61% of fans feel Salman Khan's 'Sultan' will sprint ahead 300 cr mark!
- Want to take more people of colour on my show: Aziz Ansari
- Aamir Khan, Kajol's 'Fanaa' ticks 10 years, team celebrates on Twitter!