Want to know how you look? Use your iPhone
London: Want to know how ugly or good looking you are? A new iPhone application can tell you in moments.
The Ugly Meter app lets users take a photo of a person`s face and then "analyses" its contours in real-time before displaying a score out of 10. The higher the score, the uglier the face.
An on-screen grid helps the user line up the picture for best results and, moments after the picture is taken, the app`s caustic judgment is displayed on the screen.
And when tested on the faces of some of the world`s most glamorous celebrities, the results were a trifle controversial, a news daily reported.
In a head-to-head battle between fellow X-Factor judges Cheryl Cole and Dannii Minogue, it was the former Girls Aloud star who came out on top.
She scored a respectable 4.2 which prompted the acerbic put down: "Wow you`re ugly, is your doctor a vet?"
But Dannii fared even worse, scoring a terrible 9.8 out of ten and was told: "You`re so ugly, you could make a glass eye cry."
While it is obviously just a bit of fun, there are some who may take issue with the Ugly Meter`s judgment of curvaceous TV star Christina Hendricks.
Despite being the object of lust for millions of men across the world, the Mad Men actress` pale-faced beauty did not impress the gadget`s scanner as she scored an top `ugliness` score of 10 out of 10.
However the Ugly Meter was rather more complimentary about Angelina Jolie, who scored an almost-perfect two out of 10 which earned her the admiring phrase: "You`re so hot you make the sun jealous."
But there was bad news for her husband Brad Pitt, who was beaten by David Cameron. The British prime minister might not be everyone`s idea of a chisel-jawed hunk but he still managed to outpoint Brad by a single point.
The app costs 99p to download from Apple`s App Store and requires 5.5MB of free space on the iPhone to work.
It was developed by app designers The Dapper Gentlemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Morgan Freeman in talks to star in Disney's 'The Nutcracker and the Four Realms'
- Inspirational! Milind Soman is running barefoot from Ahmedabad to Mumbai – Know why
- Ranveer Singh just shared words of wisdom online and we couldn't agree more!
- Sanjay Dutt rubbishes rumours of rift with Salman Khan! - Read more
- FIR against Kamaal R Khan for allegedly harassing actresses on Twitter!
- Just the thought of marriage can make you kick your wild ways
- The legend of Nataraja form of Lord Shiva is inspiring, meaningful
- Five simple pocket-friendly tips to give your home a ‘natural’ makeover
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows