New Delhi: The Oscars red carpet saw the likes of Leonardo DiCaprio, Eddie Redmayne and Ryan Seacrest flaunting tuxedos. If you plan to follow in their footsteps, it's advisable to match the right formal shoes and opt for a bow-tie over a regular one, says an expert.
Akhil Gupta, designer and owner, Bonsoir MensÂ’ Clothing -- which has recently launched its tuxedo line, shares tips on what not to do with the ensemble:
* Shoes: Do not put on shoes with too much details like brogues and wingtips. These types of shoes are too sporty for a formal attire like a tuxedo. Formal dress shoes, matching the colour of the tuxedo, are the only way to go. Any other way, no matter how well intended, just ends up looking sloppy.
* Tie: Do not wear a regular necktie as these are too business-like for a tuxedo. Bow-ties are ideal.
* Style: Do not wear two or three-button single breasted tuxes and certainly not with notched lapels. This would basically avoid turning your tux into suit.
* Pockets: Do not get flap pockets as it a business suit detail that will add bulk to your tuxedo.
* Belt: Do not wear a belt with a tux. Cummerbunds are a fantastic accessory. Not only do they make your midsection more appealing, they also help keep your shirts tucked in. Be sure to wear your cummerbund with the pleats facing up.
* Fit: A perfect fit is a must!