Weight loss company hits back at Love Hewitt
Los Angeles: Bosses of a slimming company embroiled in a legal dispute with actress Jennifer Love Hewitt have hit back at the actress, insisting they broke no laws by using photographs of her with their products.
The “Client List” star`s legal representatives filed a lawsuit June 3, claiming executives at The Marz Group Llc. violated the actress` public image by using a picture of her to endorse their product Slim Spray, reports contactmusic.com.
However, bosses at the company have now hit back, with a representative for The Marz Group telling editors of tmz.com that the star was intrigued by their merchandise when she attended a Hollywood gifting suite in 2012, where she asked questions and "posed for the camera over a dozen times with our products".
They insist they legally purchased the images of Hewitt in the suite and are certain they are within their legal rights to use the photos in their advertisement.
Hewitt is seeking damages, legal fees, and an injunction banning further use of her image by the group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan in 'Raees' NEW POSTER will blow your mind!
- Katrina Kaif: Society fails to recognise marital rape as a crime; women must speak up!
- Jayalalithaa death: Sudarsan Pattnaik pays sand art tribute to the iconic leader
- Ranveer Singh was in 'Befikre' even before Aditya Chopra! Here's the truth
- Jayalalithaa death: Telugu stars mourn Amma's loss!