close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

When Daniel Radcliffe drank antifreeze

Actor Daniel Radcliffe says that he almost poisoned himself by drinking antifreeze on the set of his latest movie “Horns”.

When Daniel Radcliffe drank antifreeze

London: Actor Daniel Radcliffe says that he almost poisoned himself by drinking antifreeze on the set of his latest movie “Horns”.

During a chat with TV host Conan O'Brien, the actor says he was lucky to escape death after consuming a cup of water containing the chemical additive, reports dailymail.co.uk.

While filming the horror-comedy in Canada, he was unaware that the potent substance had been added to water to ensure it wouldn't freeze, and he also didn't realise that it was possibly the cause of an illness he had previously suffered. 

“It is very cold in Canada and as a solution to that, because they don't want the water to freeze in the pipes in the trailers overnight, they put antifreeze in it," he said.

“So it's all non-potable water that comes out the tap. I did not know that, so I drank a full cup of non-potable water ... so I guess like half-antifreeze or whatever it would have been.

“I didn't realise, and then I got horrendously ill and didn't know why I had become so ill, and a couple of weeks later I went to drink a glass of water in hair and makeup and they were like, 'What are you doing? Don't do that, that's crazy you can't drink that water!',” he added.

After realising the additive was the cause of Daniel's near-death experience, he raced back to his trailer on the set to discover it hadn't been fitted with signs telling him not to drink the water.

Luckily, the British actor suffered no lasting damage from the incident, and he has recently been busy promoting the new movie.

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions