Will.I.Am to receive top award for advertising
London: Rapper Will.I.Am will be honoured at the prestigious CLIO Awards next month for his contribution to the advertising industry.
The 38-year-old founding member of the Black Eyed Peas band has been selected to receive the trophy in recognition of the work he has done to "push the boundaries of creativity in advertising and beyond", reported Daily Star.
"Will.I.Am has not only mastered music but has transcended his art form, extending his boundless creativity into areas like politics, technology and philanthropy.
"He embodies all of the values the CLIOs represent by inspiring change and encouraging us to think differently," said CLIO Awards executive director Nicole Purcell.
The award-ceremony will be held in New York City`s Museum of Natural History on May 15, 2013. The award aims to celebrate the best in international advertising in areas such as package design, print, radio, and TV.
Modern Family`s Eric Stonestreet will host the 2013 CLIOs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweets on Yakub Memon: Salman being targeted for his celebrity status, says Salim Khan
- Richa Chadha turns Persian Empress for Reynu Taandon's show
- J J Abrams broke his back helping injured Harrison Ford
- Jaya gives Rs 6 lakh assistance to ailing Tamil folk singer
- Watch: Peppy wedding song 'Tutti Bole Wedding Di' from 'Welcome Back'!