Winfrey to co-produce film on Martin Luther King
Los Angeles: Chat show host Oprah Winfrey will produce a new movie titled “Selma”, based on the life of Martin Luther King.
The 59-year-old has confirmed she will help produce the upcoming film which will see David Oyelowo, who played her son in “The Butler”, play the historical figure.
The film tells the story of a group of black marchers who attempt to walk from Selma, Alabama, to nearby Montgomery in order to gain the right to vote in 1965. However, the protesters find themselves in the crosshairs of the police, reports contactmusic.com.
Winfrey will co-produce the movie with Brad Pitt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Playing Sikh man in a serious film was tough: Vir Das
- Hansal Mehta reveals Rajkummar's look from 'Omerta' on his birthday
- Amitabh Bachchan to host 'Savdhaan India'
- Sonakshi Sinha will emerge as role model: Shatrughan Sinha
- Alia Bhatt to turn 'Dulhania' for Badrinath aka Varun Dhawan one more time! Picture blast
- What makes some people binge drink while others stay sober! Read inside
- In a rush for office? Grab a quick, fun breakfast
- Chris Brown released from jail on USD 250,000 bail
- Do you love to buy handbags and worry about where to keep them? Watch video for help!
- Are blackheads giving you nightmares? Relax, and watch this video