Winfrey to co-produce film on Martin Luther King
Los Angeles: Chat show host Oprah Winfrey will produce a new movie titled “Selma”, based on the life of Martin Luther King.
The 59-year-old has confirmed she will help produce the upcoming film which will see David Oyelowo, who played her son in “The Butler”, play the historical figure.
The film tells the story of a group of black marchers who attempt to walk from Selma, Alabama, to nearby Montgomery in order to gain the right to vote in 1965. However, the protesters find themselves in the crosshairs of the police, reports contactmusic.com.
Winfrey will co-produce the movie with Brad Pitt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Iulia Vantur celebrated her birthday with this Bollywood celebrity – Pics inside
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Court to pronounce verdict today
- Former ‘Bigg Boss’ contestant Mandana Karimi engaged; wedding bells to ring soon
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal