Women use bizarre ways to look slim: Survey
London: From stripping naked on the scales to drying wet hair, women go to extreme lengths to think themselves slim, said a latest research.
More than 80 percent of women find dieting stressful and nearly half of them said stress is the main reason for them to fail in a diet, reportedly.
The poll was conducted as part of the Small Steps campaign in partnership with English actress Nadia Sawalha.
The campaign aims to take the stress out of dieting by providing advice the Small Steps people can take to reach their healthy diet and lifestyle goals.
"Our research has shown that some women are so stressed by dieting that they are resorting to a range of bewildering tactics to think themselves slim, from getting naked on the scales to drying wet hair,” said Hannah Vose, part of the research team.
"We know that going on a diet can be a challenge for many women and seeing results when stepping on the scales is an important part of the process. The real test of a diet is not just losing a few pounds quickly but taking small steps and making small changes to your lifestyle and diet that last for years and can make a big difference,” added Vose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bill Murray receives Mark Twain prize
- Rock On 2 TRAILER OUT! Shraddha Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar and team strike the right chord
- Rangoon diaries: Kangana Ranaut REVEALS about her experience of changing clothes behind rocks!
- Ajay Devgn's BIGGEST fear is losing loved ones
- Anoushka Shankar coming to India for six city tour