Yoko Ono tweets controversial image of John Lennon`s bloodied glasses
London: Peace activist Yoko Ono has entered the gun control laws debate in the US by tweeting a provocative image of John Lennon`s bloodstained glasses.
On what would have been the couple`s 44th wedding anniversary, the artist and wife of former the dead rock star, posted the image in several posts and called for an end to gun violence, the Sky News reported.
The 79-year-old, who married Lennon in Gibraltar on March 20, 1969, said that over 1,057,000 people have been killed by guns in the USA since Lennon was shot and killed on 8 Dec 1980.
"31,537 people are killed by guns in the USA every year. We are turning this beautiful country into war zone," she tweeted.
"Together, let`s bring back America, the green land of peace," she wrote.
"The death of a loved one is a hollowing experience. After 33 years our son Sean and I still miss him. Yoko Ono Lennon," she added.
Lennon was shot four times in the back by Mark Chapman who had asked for his autograph only hours before he laid in wait and killed him on December 8, 1980.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's autopsy showed 'no significant injuries'
- Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet oppose decriminalisation of prostitution
- Bobbi Kristina heard late mom Whitney Houston's music in her last moments
- Original Keventers refashions its milkshake menu
- Chef Izzat cooks mouth-watering dishes - without water!