Zac Efron loves eating bugs
Los Angeles: Hollywood heartthrob Zac Efron left the studio audience on `The George Lopez Show` gasping in shock as he chewed down a variety of bugs, saying that he relishes them.
The `High School Musical` star said that he is very adventurous when it comes to food and ate a variety of creepy-crawlies on the show, reported E! Online.
"This is not a big deal," the 22-year-old said with a straight face before nibbling on a scorpion. As the studio audience groaned, he beamed saying, "It`s really good."
Efron then worked his way through a Taiwanese cricket entree, only faking a gag reflex for laughs.
"That is the best one," he decreed, encouraging Lopez to nibble.
Efron only took pause with the Super Worm Cocktail, a martini glass filled with bugs soaked in lime juice. This time the gag was real.
"That`s the worst," he grimaced.
Efron revealed that he enjoys indulging the occasional "weird" food challenge when out with friends, even chomping on Mexican live larvae during one meal. He said the dish tasted like creamed corn.
"If there`s something strange and everyone is afraid to eat it, I`m usually the one to go for it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' teaser trailer will leave you wanting more
- New `Phobia` poster will blow your mind!
- Rishi Kapoor 'thrilled' about 'shauchalaya' named after him
- Sachin Tendulkar biopic most awaited film of year: AR Rahman
- Sonu Nigam's new song 'Crazy Dil' has got the cutest surprise appearance ever – Watch to know
- Paris Jackson gets tattoo in honour of father Michael Jackson
- This Shiva Temple in Pakistan dates back to the times of Mahabharata
- Ever heard of banana tea? Watch why it is great for your sleep!
- Hooked to selfies because you think you are attractive – here’s a reality check
- This is the only temple where Lord Hanuman is worshipped in female form